PEC - Pulsed Eddy Current
PEC is a non-intrusive electromagnetic technique based on Pulsed Eddy Current which allows detection measurement and monitoring of corrosion in low alloyed carbon steel pipes and vessels through their insulations coatings, paints, concrete fire-proofing, marine growth. The PEC technology does not require direct contact, cleaning or special preparation of the surface of the object to be examined, therefore no costly and unnecessary insulation removal is required to perform the PEC examination with a considerable cost saving for the client.
PEC is the efficient and cost effective solution for the examination of insulated and corroded components and parts in the on- and off-shore industry and in the energy sector. Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI), Corrosion Under Fireproofing (CUF) and Flow Accelerated Corrosion (FAC) as well as Well Integrity are typical PEC successful applications, solutions and benefits. PEC performance are effective also for semi-contact measurements carried out with dirty, rough, cold and high temperature objects.
- No loss of production, as inspection can take place while the inspection object is in service.
- Reduced inspection costs, as insulation material does not need to be removed.
- Speedy inspection, as surfaces do not require any preparation.
- Good reproducibility of PEC readings at the same locations.
- Significantly lowered costs for underwater inspections.
- Reliable inspection of your offshore well surface casings.
- Plus minus 5% accuracy for corrosion detectionunder insulation when the object material is uniform and only plus minus 0.2% accuracy for corrosion monitoring.
- Inspections within a temperature range from -100°C to 550°C (-150°F to 1000°F).
- Inspection of objects with a wall thickness of 2 to 70 millimeter and lift-off up to 250mm.
- Inspection of objects with a pipe diameter above 50 millimeter.
- Dedicated innovation team with more than 20 years experience and know-how.
- Object wall thickness range from 2mm to 70mm
- Object insulation thickness up to 200mm
- Object temperature up to 500°C
- Pipe diameter larger than 2”
- Accuracy 95% to the reference value (i.e. measurement deviation +/- 5% to reference value when the object material is uniform)
- Repeatability 98% (i.e. measurement deviation +/- 2% to reference value)
- Operate in a large environmental temperature range from -20ºC up to 50ºC
- Able to operate in humidity environments and be water splash proof (IP65)
- Cost benefits of dedicated probes for each specific application
- Robustness: No moving parts
- Battery Power Operated